Wedding Hire in South Wales
"A professional service who couldn’t do enough for us and provided the perfect start to a perfect day."
"Nothing was too much trouble and the guys were more than accommodating waiting around til after the ceremony to take photos on the beach. Thank you for making our day so memorable Cariad campers!"
- Rachel and Alex
Finalist in Best Wedding Transport
Terms Of Hire
1. We ask for a non-refundable deposit of £125 which will confirm your reservation of Wanda .
2. It is your responsibility to ensure Booking Form details are fully completed & accurate – Cariad Campers will not be held responsible for missed collections or connections owing to inaccurate information (such as a wrong postcode). The Booking Form must be approved at least 3 weeks prior to the wedding day – changes within 3 weeks of the wedding day may not be possible, if acceptable, the changes will incur an additional admin charge.
3. Full payment must be made one calendar month before the date of the hire. Failure to do so may result in cancellation of the hire.
4. The quotes we send you are valid for 7 days. Any additional changes to your requirements such as an additional journey or changes on the day may incur further charges, including additional trips to / from your ceremony. As standard we can include up to 2 trips to the ceremony as long as the distance is less than 3 miles, however a longer trip or more than 2 trips will incur additional charges.
5. If you need to cancel your booking, we will need to have your cancellation in writing no later than one calendar month prior to the planned date of hire. Failure to do so may result in the hirer being asked to pay the full amount outstanding.
6. We do have a non-refundable deposit policy, however under exceptional circumstances we may refund part of your deposit but this is at our total discretion.
7. We will supply a partial refund (minus deposit) if your booking has been paid in full and is cancelled with more than 30 days’ notice of your Wedding Day. In this circumstance you must allow 30 working days to receive your refund.
8. If we receive a cancellation with less than 30 days’ notice and the booking has been paid for in full, we will not offer a refund. If your booking has not been paid for and is cancelled within 30 days of your Wedding, we can pursue full payment to cover our costs and business loss.
9. We reserve the right to charge the hirer a minimum of £100 for any breakages or spillages incurred to the vehicle(s) whilst under hire. In the event of body or paint damage to the vehicle/s due to negligence by the hirer or hirer’s party, the hirer is liable for all repairs.
10. We have made every effort to maintain our vehicles to the highest standard thus ensuring that they are as reliable as possible, however as anyone who knows about old classic VWs will be aware, they can have a life and mind of their own.
10.1 Cariad Campers therefore is unable to take responsibility for unforeseen conditions or circumstances which may result in a delay, cancellation or change of vehicle. These conditions include but are not limited to adverse weather conditions, mechanical/electrical breakdown or restricted access. Where a vehicle breaks down before the ceremony every effort will be made for the immediate repair to the vehicle so that the journey can continue, or where possible the hirer will be transferred to another vehicle (not necessarily a VW Campervan) so that the journey can continue. Cariad Campers will cover any reasonable additional costs incurred. If onward transportation is not possible to arrange, a full refund will be given. If a vehicle breaks down after the ceremony no refund will be given although we will do everything we can to make sure the bride and groom find transportation to their reception, covering any costs incurred for the hire of another vehicle. We cannot be held responsible for traffic congestion which may lead to late or missed connections en route to your destination. We do use a Sat Nav and we’ll therefore always do everything we can to find alternative routes where possible. No refund will be given for missed or late connections.
11. There is a strict no smoking policy in the vehicle(s) at all times.
12. Maximum number of passengers 7, these are maximums and dependent upon size of passengers and size of the bride and bridesmaids dresses. we recommend a total number of 6 for comfort.
13. We will accept no responsibility for any loss or damage to personal property or luggage whilst using our vehicles.
14. Due to the age of the VWs rear seatbelts are not required (although we do have two lap belts on the rear bench seat of Wanda and seatbelts in the front passenger seat). Children under 18 also travel at their own risk and must be accompanied by an adult in the vehicle. A travel consent form must be signed by the parent or guardian of any child travelling in any of our vehicles on the wedding day. We recommend the children needing a booster seat or child seat travel in a different vehicle, however this is just a recommendation! Children under the age of 3 years old cannot travel in our VWs.
15. We cannot be held responsible for any injuries caused through any accidents, be it our fault or a third party incident.
16. We sometimes like to take photographs on the wedding day of the vehicles, bridal party and guests. We may use these on our website and for our marketing material. If you prefer us not too, that’s fine, just advise us when you confirm your booking.
17. Cariad Campers has full vehicle insurance and public liability insurance for your peace of mind.
18. We aim to offer the finest VW wedding experience in Wales and in order to do this we continually attend to each vehicle’s needs, both mechanically and aesthetically. This does mean that we make changes to the vehicles from time to time which may include refurbishing seats or replacing curtains and flooring. We will always make changes as sympathetically as we can to enhance or maintain their wedding appearance. As such the vehicle may be slightly different from the way it appears on the website or marketing literature.
19. Cariad Campers reserve the right to cancel a booking.